As a firearm owner, you want to ensure superior accuracy and targeting when shooting. Fortunately, there is a must-have accessory for AR 15 shooters that can help with just that – a tactical laser. Equipping your rifle with a laser sight can drastically improve your shooting performance, especially in low light conditions. But with so many options out there, choosing the perfect tactical laser can be a daunting task. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top benefits of using a tactical laser for AR 15, the top picks for laser sights, factors to consider when choosing a laser, how to use and maintain it, and some accessories to enhance its performance. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of tactical lasers for AR 15!
- Benefits of Tactical Laser for AR 15
- Top Picks for Tactical Lasers for AR 15
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Tactical Laser for AR 15
- How to Use a Tactical Laser for AR 15
- Accessories to Enhance Your Tactical Laser for AR 15
- Tips for Maintaining and Caring for Your Tactical Laser for AR 15
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is a tactical laser for AR 15?
- 2. What are the benefits of using a tactical laser for AR 15?
- 3. Are all tactical lasers the same?
- 4. Will a tactical laser fit on all AR 15 models?
- 5. Is it legal to use a tactical laser for AR 15?
- 6. Can tactical lasers for AR 15 cause damage to the eyes?
- 7. Do you need to zero a tactical laser for AR 15?
- 8. Do I need special tools to install a tactical laser for AR 15?
- 9. How do I clean my tactical laser for AR 15?
- 10. Can I use a tactical laser for AR 15 on other firearms?
Benefits of Tactical Laser for AR 15
Adding a tactical laser to your AR 15 can significantly enhance your shooting experience and elevate your proficiency as a shooter. This simple yet powerful accessory has a range of benefits that can improve your accuracy, increase your targeting abilities, and work efficiently in low light conditions. With the added features and advantages, every gun owner and shooter must consider getting a tactical laser for their AR 15. In the following sections, you will explore the different benefits of using a tactical laser along with its top picks, factors to consider when selecting one, and tips for using and maintaining it. Whether you are using a nine-millimeter pistol or an AR 15 rifle, incorporating a tactical laser will make all the difference in your shooting experience.
1. Improves Accuracy and Targeting
Using a tactical laser for AR 15 can greatly improve accuracy and targeting. Unlike traditional iron sights, a laser sight provides a clear point of reference for the shooter to aim at, making it easier to hit the target accurately. It reduces the need to align multiple sights to aim at a target. Modern tactical lasers are more reliable than traditional ones and operate using advanced optics technology.
Firstly, the laser helps in shooting at greater distances. A laser beam shoots out in a straight line and maintains its straightness until it hits an object. When fitted to your AR 15, it emits a highly focused beam to the target, which enables you to shoot with far greater accuracy over a long range. For this reason, a tactical laser is a must-have accessory for shooters who use their AR 15 at a distance.
Secondly, the laser also helps in close range shooting. One of the advantages of using a laser sight is that it allows the shooter to acquire the target quickly, especially in critical situations when there isn’t enough time to focus on the target. Since the laser aims for you, it becomes easier to hit the target even at close range, which reduces the risk of missing the target.
Thirdly, a tactical laser increases accuracy in low light situations. Shooting in low light conditions can be challenging if you rely on traditional sights because they are harder to see. A laser sight, on the other hand, projects a highly visible beam of light that illuminates your target, which helps you to aim and hit your target accurately even in low light conditions.
Using a tactical laser for AR 15 can improve accuracy and targeting significantly. Its advantages include enhanced accuracy in shooting over long distances, quick target acquisition, and increased accuracy in low light situations. If you’re looking to master your shooting skills, then getting a tactical laser is highly recommended.
2. Ideal for Low Light Conditions
One of the biggest challenges that shooters face is trying to shoot accurately in low light conditions. This is where a tactical laser for AR 15 comes in handy. Laser sights are ideal for low light conditions because they project a bright, visible beam of light directly onto the target. This makes it easier to aim and shoot accurately, even in the darkest of environments.
Here are some reasons why a tactical laser for AR 15 is ideal for low light conditions:
- Increased Visibility: In low light conditions, it can be difficult to see the target. A laser sight helps increase visibility by shining a bright red or green beam directly onto the target. This makes it easier for the shooter to aim and fire accurately.
- Quick Target Acquisition: When sighting down the barrel of a gun, it can sometimes be difficult to quickly acquire the target. A laser sight eliminates this problem by projecting a visual marker right onto the target. This allows the shooter to quickly and confidently acquire the target, even when visibility is poor.
- No Need for Iron Sights: In low light conditions, iron sights can be difficult to see. With a laser sight, there is no need to rely on iron sights. The laser sight projects a dot or a crosshair right onto the target, which eliminates the need for iron sights altogether.
- Helps with Target Identification: In low light conditions, it can be difficult to differentiate between targets. A laser sight helps with target identification by shining a bright beam directly onto the intended target. This helps the shooter to distinguish between friend and foe, which can be crucial in tactical situations.
All of these benefits make a tactical laser for AR 15 an ideal accessory for shooting in low light conditions. With a laser sight, shooters gain increased visibility, quick target acquisition, and a reliable way of identifying targets. If you frequently find yourself shooting in low light settings, a tactical laser for AR 15 is well worth the investment.
3. Quick and Easy to Install
One of the major benefits of a tactical laser for AR 15 is its quick and easy installation process. In fact, all you need is some basic knowledge and a few tools to get started.
Installation Steps for Tactical Laser for AR 15
|Step 1||Choose the right mounting system suited to your AR 15 model and tactical laser device|
|Step 2||Disassemble your AR 15 and remove the handguard to gain access to the barrel|
|Step 3||Attach the mounting system onto the barrel in the desired location with the provided screws|
|Step 4||Slide in your tactical laser onto the mounting system and secure it in place|
|Step 5||Reassemble your AR 15 and test to ensure that your tactical laser is properly mounted and aligned|
The installation process can be completed in minutes, and you can easily do it by following the detailed manufacturer’s instructions that come with the tactical laser. However, it is essential to ensure that the mounting system and screws are properly tightened to prevent the laser from wobbling or coming loose during use.
Advantages of Easy Installation
The quick and easy installation of a tactical laser saves you valuable time and effort. You can also install and remove the laser yourself whenever you need it, making it the perfect accessory for those who often switch between different shooting scenarios or prefer to make upgrades themselves.
It also saves you the added expense of professional installation. Since the process is straightforward and beginner-friendly, many shooters can do it themselves without incurring extra installation fees.
The tactical laser for AR 15 is a simple and hassle-free addition to enhance your shooting experience, and its quick and easy installation makes it a must-have accessory for every shooter.
Top Picks for Tactical Lasers for AR 15
Are you in the market for a top-quality tactical laser for your AR 15? With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But fear not, because we’ve done the research and testing to bring you our top picks for the best tactical lasers for AR 15 rifles. These lasers are designed to improve accuracy, enhance low-light shooting capabilities, and provide easy installation. Let’s dive into the top contenders and what sets them apart.
4. Steiner eOptics DBAL-A4 Gun-Mounted Laser Sight
The Steiner eOptics DBAL-A4 Gun-Mounted Laser Sight is one of the top picks when it comes to tactical lasers for AR 15. It is a versatile accessory that combines a visible laser, infrared laser and an infrared illuminator in one compact package.
This laser sight is designed for quick target acquisition and accurate aiming, whether in low light or no light conditions. It has a high-resolution aiming laser that delivers superior accuracy and precision targeting. The laser can be activated using the included pressure switch or an optional remote switch.
This laser sight also features an infrared laser that is only visible with night vision goggles, making it ideal for covert operations. Additionally, the infrared illuminator can be used to provide extra light in low light conditions.
Here are some of the key features of the Steiner eOptics DBAL-A4 Gun-Mounted Laser Sight:
|Visible Laser||High-resolution aiming laser for quick and accurate targeting|
|Infrared Laser||Only visible with night vision goggles|
|Infrared Illuminator||Provides extra light in low light conditions|
|Pressure Switch||Included for easy activation of laser|
|Remote Switch||Optional remote switch available|
One of the standout features of the Steiner eOptics DBAL-A4 Gun-Mounted Laser Sight is its rugged construction. It is built to withstand harsh environments and extreme temperatures. Its aircraft-grade aluminum housing is both lightweight and durable, making it ideal for use in the field.
The Steiner eOptics DBAL-A4 Gun-Mounted Laser Sight is a versatile and reliable accessory for AR 15 shooters. Its combination of a visible laser, infrared laser and infrared illuminator make it well-suited for a wide variety of applications. With its rugged construction and superior accuracy, it is a must-have for anyone who wants to take their AR 15 shooting to the next level.
5. Crimson Trace Laser Sight for AR-15 Rifles
When it comes to tactical lasers for AR-15 rifles, the Crimson Trace Laser Sight stands out as a reliable and high-quality option. Here are some key features that make it a top pick for many gun enthusiasts:
- Green Laser: The Crimson Trace Laser Sight uses a powerful green laser that’s visible even in bright daylight. This makes it much easier to see your target and aim accurately, even in challenging shooting conditions.
- User-Friendly Design: The laser sight is designed for convenience and ease of use. It features an intuitive activation button that’s easily accessible without requiring you to take your finger off the trigger. This allows you to stay focused on your target and remain in control of your weapon at all times.
- Durable Construction: The Crimson Trace Laser Sight is built to withstand heavy use and tough conditions. It features a rugged aluminum body that’s resistant to shock and impact, as well as water-resistant seals to protect the laser against moisture and dirt.
- Easy Installation: The laser sight is quick and easy to install on your AR-15 rifle, thanks to its durable and versatile mounting system. Once installed, the laser can be easily adjusted for windage and elevation to ensure pinpoint accuracy.
- Long Battery Life: The Crimson Trace Laser Sight is powered by a single CR2032 battery that provides up to 4 hours of continuous use. This ensures that you’ll have plenty of power for extended shooting sessions, and the battery is easily replaceable when needed.
The Crimson Trace Laser Sight is a high-quality, reliable, and user-friendly tactical laser that’s perfect for AR-15 rifles. Its powerful green laser, durable construction, and easy installation make it a top choice for shooters of all levels, whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner just starting out.
6. Streamlight TLR-2 HL G Tactical Laser Sight
When it comes to tactical lasers for AR 15, the Streamlight TLR-2 HL G Tactical Laser Sight is definitely a top pick to consider. Here are some of the key features and benefits that make this laser sight stand out:
- Powerful Performance: The Streamlight TLR-2 HL G is designed to deliver outstanding performance in a variety of shooting situations. The laser has a maximum output of 800 lumens, which makes it perfect for low-light shooting. Additionally, the laser has a range of up to 245 meters, allowing you to target distant objects with ease.
- Ease of Use: One of the best things about the Streamlight TLR-2 HL G is how simple it is to use. It comes with a dual switch system that allows you to operate the laser and flashlight independently or simultaneously. The laser also has windage and elevation adjustments, which can be easily made with just a few turns of the adjustment knobs.
- Durable Design: The Streamlight TLR-2 HL G is built to last, with a tough aluminum body that can withstand heavy use and abuse. The laser sight is also waterproof, adding to its durability and making it a great choice for use in harsh outdoor environments.
- Easy Installation: The Streamlight TLR-2 HL G is designed to be mounted easily onto your AR 15, with a simple clamp system that can be attached to your rifle in just a few minutes.
- Long Battery Life: The laser sight is powered by two CR123A batteries, which can provide up to 1.5 hours of continuous use for both the laser and flashlight.
The Streamlight TLR-2 HL G is a highly functional and versatile tactical laser sight that is well-suited for a range of shooting situations. Its powerful performance, ease of use, durable design, easy installation, and long battery life make it a top choice for many AR 15 enthusiasts.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Tactical Laser for AR 15
When it comes to choosing the perfect tactical laser for your AR 15, there are a variety of factors to take into consideration. It’s not just about finding a laser that fits your budget – you’ll also want to ensure it’s durable, has the right power output, and has a mounting system that works for your specific firearm. In this section we’ll take a closer look at some of the key considerations to keep in mind when shopping for a tactical laser for your AR 15, so you can make an informed decision and feel confident in your purchase.
7. Type of Laser
When it comes to choosing a tactical laser for AR 15, one of the key factors to consider is the type of laser. There are several types of lasers to choose from, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. To help you make an informed decision, let’s take a closer look at the different types of lasers available.
Visible lasers are the most common type of laser used in tactical applications. As the name suggests, these lasers are visible to the naked eye and emit a colored beam, typically red or green. They are ideal for use in low-light conditions and provide a clear indication of where the gun is pointed. However, they can also give away your position, which may not be desirable in certain scenarios.
Infrared (IR) lasers are not visible to the naked eye and emit a beam that can only be seen with the help of night vision gear. They are often used in military and law enforcement applications, as they provide a stealthy means of painting targets without revealing the shooter’s position. However, they are also more expensive than visible lasers and require special equipment to use effectively.
Integrated lasers are built into the gun itself and are typically activated by a switch located on the grip or trigger guard. They are a convenient option for those who want a laser without having to mount anything onto the gun. However, integrated lasers can be more expensive than other types of lasers and may not be as powerful.
Modular lasers are designed to be mounted onto the gun and can be removed and reattached as needed. They are a versatile option that allows you to switch between different types of lasers depending on your needs. However, they can be more complicated to set up and may require additional accessories such as rails.
The type of laser you choose for your AR 15 will depend on your specific needs and preferences. By considering the pros and cons of each type of laser, you can find the one that best suits your shooting style and budget. To help you keep track of the different types of lasers and their features, here is a helpful table:
|Type of Laser||Pros||Cons|
|Visible Lasers||Effective in low-light conditions, clear indication of gun’s point of aim||Can give away shooter’s position|
|Infrared Lasers||Stealthy, can only be seen with night vision gear||More expensive, require special equipment|
|Integrated Lasers||Convenient, built into gun||Expensive, may not be as powerful as other lasers|
|Modular Lasers||Versatile, can be switched between different lasers||More complicated to set up, may require additional accessories|
8. Mounting System
The mounting system is an important factor to consider when choosing a tactical laser for your AR 15. It determines how you attach the laser to your rifle and ensures its stability. There are various mounting systems available, including:
- Picatinny: This system is the most common and compatible with most rifles, including the AR 15. It involves a standard Picatinny rail that attaches to the rifle’s receiver and allows the laser to slide on and off easily. Picatinny mounting systems are versatile and offer a wide range of options for positioning and adjusting the laser.
- Barrel: A barrel-mounted laser attaches directly to the rifle’s barrel, just in front of the front sight. This system is compact and lightweight, making it ideal for tactical situations. However, it may interfere with the barrel’s harmonics, affecting accuracy as a result.
- Handguard: A handguard-mounted laser attaches to a rail on the rifle’s handguard. This system allows you to keep the laser closer to your body for a more stable shooting position. However, it may not be as sturdy as other mounting systems.
- Scope Mount: Some lasers are designed to attach to a rifle scope’s tube. This system is less common but offers a stable and high-precision option for long-range shooting. However, it may require additional hardware and may not be compatible with all rifles or scopes.
When choosing a mounting system, consider your shooting style, the type of rifle you are using, and the laser’s compatibility with different systems. A solid and stable mounting system ensures that your laser stays in place and does not affect the rifle’s balance or operation.
9. Battery Life
One of the critical factors to consider when choosing a tactical laser for AR 15 is the battery life. Having a laser that drains quickly can be frustrating and potentially dangerous when in use. It’s important to ensure that the tactical laser you choose has a long-lasting battery and can withstand constant use.
Here are some things to consider regarding the battery life:
- Battery Type: The type of battery your tactical laser uses will affect its battery life. While some use traditional alkaline batteries, others use CR2, CR123A, or rechargeable batteries for extended battery life. It’s essential to choose a battery that fits your usage needs.
- Usage: How you use your tactical laser will affect its battery life. If you use it often, the battery will drain faster than if you only use it occasionally. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s guidelines for battery usage and change the batteries when they start to die.
- Power Saving Mode: Many tactical lasers come with a power-saving mode that conserves battery life when the laser is not in use. This feature is designed to prolong battery life and ensure that the laser is ready for use when you need it.
- Battery Indicator: Some tactical lasers come with a battery indicator that alerts you when the battery is running low or needs replacement. Having a battery indicator can help you plan for battery replacement and prevent the laser from shutting off unexpectedly.
Keeping your tactical laser for AR 15 powered and ready to go is crucial for shooting accuracy and safety. Ensure to choose a laser with long battery life, the right battery type that suits your usage needs, consider using the power-saving mode, and get one that has a battery indicator to show the remaining battery power. Proper battery management can help you avoid unexpected battery failures while on the field, and retain your tactical laser’s optimal performance.
10. Power Output
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a tactical laser for AR 15 is the power output of the laser. This determines the brightness and distance of the laser beam, which affects its effectiveness in various shooting situations.
Here are some things to keep in mind when considering the power output of a tactical laser:
- Higher power output: A laser with a higher power output will be brighter and have a longer range. This makes it an ideal choice for long-range shooting or for use in bright daylight conditions.
- Lower power output: A laser with a lower power output may have a shorter range and be less bright, but it will conserve battery life and be more effective in low-light conditions.
- Regulation: While some lasers are advertised as having high power output, it’s important to check if they comply with government regulation for handheld lasers. The FDA regulates the maximum power output of handheld lasers to protect people from eye damage.
When considering the power output of a tactical laser, it’s important to balance your needs for brightness and range with practical considerations such as battery life and legal compliance. Ultimately, the right power output will depend on your specific shooting needs and preferences.
When considering a tactical laser for your AR 15, one of the most important factors to keep in mind is durability. You want a laser that can withstand the harsh conditions of the shooting range or the outdoors. Here are some factors to consider when evaluating the durability of a tactical laser:
- Material: Look for a laser made with high-quality materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum or steel. These materials are durable and can withstand heavy use without breaking or becoming damaged.
- Resistance to Elements: Your tactical laser should be resistant to harsh weather conditions such as rain, snow, and extreme temperatures. It’s also important that the laser is resistant to dust and debris.
- Shock Resistance: Recoil from firing your AR 15 can be harsh, and your laser should be able to withstand the shock without becoming damaged. Look for a laser with shock resistance or shockproof features.
- Waterproof: If you plan on using your AR 15 in wet conditions or near bodies of water, it’s important to choose a laser that is waterproof. Make sure the laser has an IP67 or higher waterproof rating.
- Impact Resistance: Your laser should be able to withstand impact and rough handling. Look for a laser that has been drop tested or has impact resistance features.
Remember that a tactical laser is an investment, and you want to choose one that will last a long time. By considering the factors above, you can ensure your laser will be durable enough to withstand heavy use and harsh conditions.
How to Use a Tactical Laser for AR 15
For shooters who are new to using a tactical laser for their AR 15, it can be a bit confusing to know where to start. However, with the right guidance, learning how to use a tactical laser can greatly improve your shooting accuracy and target acquisition. In this section, we will dive into the details of using a tactical laser for your AR 15, including important safety precautions, understanding the laser itself, and zeroing the laser for improved accuracy. Let’s get started and unlock the full potential of your AR 15 and tactical laser setup.
12. Safety Precautions
When using a tactical laser for your AR 15, it is crucial to take necessary safety precautions to avoid any accidents. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Always assume the laser is on: Even if the laser appears to be off, you should assume that it is on and handle it with care.
- Do not point the laser at anyone or anything that you do not intend to shoot: This includes people, animals, and inanimate objects. Always keep the laser pointed in a safe direction.
- Use appropriate eye and ear protection: When using a tactical laser, make sure to wear eye protection that is designed to block out laser light. You should also wear ear protection to guard against the loud noise generated by the gunshot.
- Do not look directly at the laser beam: Direct exposure to the laser beam can cause permanent eye damage. Avoid looking directly at the beam or reflecting surfaces.
- Check the battery and mounting system: Before using the laser, make sure the battery and mounting system are properly installed and functioning.
- Keep your finger off the trigger: Until you are ready to fire, keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Always be aware of your surroundings and never use a tactical laser in a crowded area or around people who are not trained to handle firearms.
- Practice proper gun handling: Ensure that your firearms handling skills are up to standard before using a tactical laser. Always maintain a firm grip on your weapon and never handle it carelessly or recklessly.
- Disengage the laser when not in use: When you are not using the laser, make sure to turn it off and disengage it to avoid any accidents.
By following these safety precautions, you can enjoy using your tactical laser for your AR 15 while minimizing the risk of any accidents or injuries. Remember to always prioritize safety when handling firearms and their accessories.
13. Understanding the Laser
One of the most important factors in using a tactical laser for AR 15 is understanding the way it functions. There are different types of lasers, each with their unique strengths and weaknesses. Here is a breakdown of the different types of lasers and how they work.
|Red Laser||Excellent Visibility: Red lasers are very visible and easy to see, making them ideal for beginners and long-range shooting.||Visibility in Daylight: Red lasers are hard to see in bright daylight, making them less effective for outdoor shooting.|
|Green Laser||Visibility: Green lasers are highly visible and provide excellent accuracy, even in low-light conditions.||Battery Life: Green lasers require more battery power than other lasers, making them less effective for prolonged use.|
|Infrared Laser||Night Vision: Infrared lasers are invisible to the naked eye and can provide excellent targeting for night-time shooting.||Higher Cost: Infrared lasers are more expensive than other types of lasers, making them less accessible for some users.|
Knowing which laser type will be best for your shooting needs is crucial. Consider the lighting conditions in which you will be shooting and adjust accordingly. Additionally, understanding the power output of your laser and the appropriate distance for use will help improve accuracy and prevent accidents. Before using your laser, be sure to read all instructions and safety precautions.
14. Zeroing the Laser
One of the most important steps in using a tactical laser for AR 15 is zeroing the laser. This ensures that the point of impact of your shots and the laser are aligned, providing the most accurate shot placement. Here are the steps to zero your laser:
Step 1: Set up your AR 15 in a steady shooting position, either on a stable surface or with the help of a shooting rest.
Step 2: Choose your shooting distance. Typically, 25 yards is a good starting point for zeroing your laser.
Step 3: Adjust the windage and elevation knobs on your laser until the point of impact matches the laser dot. This should be done slowly and carefully to ensure accuracy.
Step 4: Confirm your zero by firing several shots at the target to ensure that the laser and the point of impact are aligned.
Step 5: Fine-tune your zero by adjusting the windage and elevation knobs as necessary.
Note: It’s important to remember that zeroing your laser may need to be repeated if you change the distance or type of ammunition you’re using.
Zeroing your laser is a crucial step to improve your shooting accuracy with any AR 15. With proper zeroing and maintenance, a tactical laser accessory can provide a significant advantage in low light conditions or when shooting at long range targets.
Accessories to Enhance Your Tactical Laser for AR 15
As with any piece of equipment, accessorizing your tactical laser for AR 15 can take it to the next level in terms of functionality and performance. There are several accessories available that can enhance your shooting experience and make your laser even more effective. From pressure switches to laser guards, these additions can give you greater control and protection while using your laser sight. Let’s take a closer look at some of the top accessories you can use to optimize your AR 15 tactical laser.
15. Pressure Switch
A pressure switch is an excellent accessory to complement your tactical laser for AR 15. It enables the shooter to activate the laser without shifting their grip on the weapon. Instead of reaching for a toggle switch on the laser’s body, a pressure switch allows the shooter to activate the laser by applying pressure using their thumb or another finger.
Here are some advantages of adding a pressure switch to your AR 15 laser:
- Increased Control: A pressure switch gives the shooter better control over their laser, reducing the chance of accidental discharges.
- Enhanced Speed and Efficiency: When the laser is activated with a pressure switch, there’s no need to locate and flip a toggle switch. This saves valuable time and lets the shooter stay focused on the target.
- Flexibility: A pressure switch can be located anywhere on the gun, making it ideal for both right- and left-handed shooters. It can also be positioned close to where the handguard meets the upper receiver to prevent it from snagging on gear.
When selecting a pressure switch for your AR 15 laser, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Compatibility: Make sure the pressure switch is compatible with your laser model and type.
- Activation: Choose a pressure switch that’s easy to activate. Some models require a lot of pressure to activate, which can be a significant disadvantage in high-stress situations.
- Design: Look for a pressure switch that’s made from durable materials and has a design that suits your needs. Some models have a straight cable, while others have a curly cord or a coiled cable.
A pressure switch can be a valuable addition to your tactical laser for AR 15. It increases control, saves time, and adds flexibility to your shooting. When selecting a pressure switch, it’s important to consider compatibility, activation, and design.
16. Lens Cover
A lens cover is an essential accessory to have for your tactical laser for AR 15. It is designed to protect the lens of your laser from dust, dirt and scratches. Without a lens cover, your laser’s performance and accuracy could be compromised, especially in adverse conditions.
Why You Need a Lens Cover
A lens cover serves several purposes. First, it helps to protect the lens from damage. This is important because scratches can cause distortion, glare, or even complete failure of the laser. Secondly, lens covers can help to reduce glare or reflection. This is especially important for hunters who need to remain hidden from their prey. Lastly, a lens cover can help to keep dirt and dust from accumulating on the lens, which can help to maintain the laser’s accuracy.
Types of Lens Covers
Lens covers come in several different types, including flip-up, snap-on, and slip-over. A flip-up cover is attached to the laser and flips up when you need to use the laser. A snap-on cover snaps over the lens and protects it from damage. A slip-over cover fits over the entire laser and protects it from dust and dirt. Each type of cover has its advantages and disadvantages depending on your specific needs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Lens Cover
When choosing a lens cover, you should consider the following factors:
|Type||Flip-up, snap-on, or slip-over|
|Material||Durable, waterproof and scratch-resistant|
|Compatibility||Ensure the cover fits your laser’s lens size and mounting system|
|Design||Some covers may have additional features such as anti-glare and rubberized coating|
|Price||Costs vary depending on the type, material, and design|
A lens cover is an essential accessory for any tactical laser for AR 15 owner. Choosing the right type of lens cover and taking care of it will help to protect your laser’s lens and maintain its accuracy, ensuring that you always hit your target. With so many options available, it’s important to consider your needs and preferences when selecting a lens cover.
17. Laser Guard
A laser guard is an accessory that is designed to provide maximum protection to your tactical laser for AR 15. It is an essential accessory that helps to keep the laser free from any damage that may be caused by bumps, bruises, or scratches. A laser guard is a perfect solution for individuals who frequently take their AR 15 out on the field and need to keep their laser in top-notch condition.
Benefits of Laser Guard
A laser guard is an important accessory that offers protection to your tactical laser for AR 15. Some of the benefits of using a laser guard include:
|Durable||A laser guard is made from high-quality materials that are built to last. It provides maximum protection to your tactical laser for AR 15 by shielding it from any scratches, bumps, and bruises.|
|Easy to Install||A laser guard is simple to install and can easily be attached to your AR 15. It ensures that your laser is securely fastened to your gun, reducing the likelihood of it getting damaged.|
|Improves Accuracy||A laser guard also helps to improve the accuracy of your AR 15. It ensures that your laser is aligned correctly, allowing for greater accuracy when targeting your intended object or prey.|
|Cost-Effective||A laser guard is a cost-effective solution that helps to protect your tactical laser without incurring the cost of purchasing a new laser. It ensures that your laser remains in top-notch condition, reducing the need for frequent replacements.|
Types of Laser Guards
There are different types of laser guards available in the market. The most common types are:
|Types of Laser Guards||Description|
|Hard Polymer||A hard polymer laser guard is made from high-quality plastic. It is designed to withstand extreme conditions while offering maximum protection to your laser.|
|Metal Constructed||A metal constructed laser guard is built to last and provides ultimate protection to your laser. It is ideal for individuals who frequently use their AR 15 in rugged terrains.|
|Rubber||A rubber laser guard is an affordable option that offers adequate protection to your tactical laser. It is typically used for recreational purposes rather than tactical purposes.|
A laser guard is a necessary accessory for individuals who use their tactical laser for AR 15 frequently. It provides maximum protection to your laser, ensuring that it remains in top-notch condition. With the different types of laser guards available in the market, one can easily find the perfect one that meets their needs and budgets.
Tips for Maintaining and Caring for Your Tactical Laser for AR 15
Maintaining and caring for your tactical laser is crucial to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your AR 15. Neglecting proper maintenance can lead to damage, decreased accuracy, and even the need for costly repairs. It’s important to take some time to learn about the steps you can take to maintain your tactical laser. In this section, we will explore some tips and tricks to help you care for your AR 15 laser, ensuring you get the most out of this essential accessory for years to come.
18. Cleaning the Laser
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your tactical laser for AR 15 is essential to keep it functioning at its best. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your laser:
|1||Remove the battery: Make sure that the battery is removed from the laser before beginning the cleaning process. This will help avoid any electrical short circuits or damage to the internal components of the laser.|
|2||Use a soft cloth: Using a soft, lint-free cloth, wipe the exterior of the laser to remove any dirt or residue. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials which may scratch the surface of the laser.|
|3||Remove stubborn residue: If there is any stubborn residue or grease on the laser, use a mild household cleaning solution such as a mixture of water and dish soap. Apply the solution to a cloth and gently wipe the surface of the laser until the residue is removed.|
|4||Use a brush: If there’s dirt or debris on the lens or in the crevices of the laser, a soft-bristled brush can be used to gently clean it. Brush in a circular motion to avoid damaging the lens or internal components of the laser.|
|5||Dry the laser: After cleaning, make sure to dry the laser thoroughly with a soft cloth to avoid any moisture damage. Ensure the laser is completely dry before putting the battery back in and using it.|
By following these steps, you can keep your tactical laser for AR 15 in top condition, providing accurate targeting and improving your shooting experience. Remember to always handle the laser with care and to store it properly when not in use to avoid any damage.
19. Storing the Laser
When it comes to storing your tactical laser for AR 15, it’s important to take proper care to ensure its longevity and functionality. Here are a few tips to help you properly store your laser:
- Keep it in a Safe Place: It’s important to keep your laser in a dry and secure place to avoid any damage or theft. Make sure to keep it away from children and pets, and consider investing in a lockable cabinet or case to keep it safe.
- Remove the Battery: If you won’t be using your laser for an extended period of time, it’s a good idea to remove the battery. This will help prevent any potential damage caused by battery leakage or corrosion.
- Wrap it in a Soft Cloth: Before storing your laser, wrap it in a soft cloth to protect it from dust or scratches. This will also help absorb any excess moisture that may be present in the storage area.
- Avoid Exposure to Extreme Temperatures: It’s important to store your laser in an area that is not exposed to extreme temperatures. High temperatures can cause damage to the laser’s internal components, while low temperatures can damage the battery and affect its performance.
- Check it Regularly: Even if you aren’t using your laser regularly, it’s important to check it periodically for any signs of damage or wear. This will help you catch any potential issues early on and avoid any further damage that may occur as a result.
By following these simple steps, you can help ensure that your tactical laser for AR 15 stays in top condition and ready to use whenever you need it.
In conclusion, a tactical laser for AR 15 is a must-have accessory for any shooter who wants to improve their accuracy and targeting abilities. Not only does it provide a clear and visible laser beam for quick and easy aiming, but it also works incredibly well in low light conditions where traditional iron sights may prove ineffective.
When choosing a tactical laser for your AR 15, consider factors such as the type of laser, mounting system, battery life, power output, and durability to ensure that you get the best possible performance out of your investment. Additionally, adding accessories such as pressure switches, lens covers, and laser guards can further enhance the usability and longevity of your tactical laser.
To maintain and care for your tactical laser, be sure to regularly clean it and store it properly when not in use. By taking good care of your equipment, you can ensure that it remains in top working condition for years to come.
In summary, a tactical laser for AR 15 is a game-changer for shooters of all levels. With its ability to improve accuracy and target acquisition, it’s no wonder why it’s becoming an indispensable accessory for any AR 15 owner. So if you want to take your shooting skills to the next level, invest in a tactical laser for your AR 15 today!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a tactical laser for AR 15?
A tactical laser for AR 15 is an accessory that attaches to your rifle and emits a focused beam of light to enhance your aiming accuracy and targeting.
2. What are the benefits of using a tactical laser for AR 15?
A tactical laser for AR 15 can provide improved accuracy and targeting, especially in low light conditions. It is also quick and easy to install, helping you get back to your shooting faster.
3. Are all tactical lasers the same?
No. Tactical lasers come in different sizes and shapes and are designed to meet varying shooter needs. There are a wide variety of options available on the market today.
4. Will a tactical laser fit on all AR 15 models?
Not necessarily. You need to ensure that the mounting system of the tactical laser matches your rifle’s mounting system. Take time to research compatibility before making your purchase.
5. Is it legal to use a tactical laser for AR 15?
Yes. Tactical lasers for AR 15 are legal accessories for rifles. However, you should consult your local laws to ensure that your use of this device falls within the legal parameters of your location.
6. Can tactical lasers for AR 15 cause damage to the eyes?
Yes. Tactical lasers can damage the eyes if not handled properly. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions on usage and wear appropriate protective gear when necessary.
7. Do you need to zero a tactical laser for AR 15?
Yes. Zeroing is essential to ensure that the laser is accurately aligned with the rifle. This is especially important for long-range shooting.
8. Do I need special tools to install a tactical laser for AR 15?
No. Most tactical lasers come with the required mounting tools, making installation quick and easy. Some models may even allow you to install the laser using your fingers alone.
9. How do I clean my tactical laser for AR 15?
Use a soft and clean cloth to gently wipe down the laser body. Avoid using harsh cleaning materials or solvents that can damage the laser or its components.
10. Can I use a tactical laser for AR 15 on other firearms?
It depends on the mounting system and the compatibility of the accessory with other guns. Always research compatibility before attempting to use the accessory on another firearm.